May 22, 2020
In 2 days it will be our 40th Anniversary! I am feeling sorry for myself because we can't have a group celebration. The NYS Health Dept. is still recommending "sheltering-in-place" and "Phase 1" limited opening of some businesses, with no large group contacts. This means no party, here or at a venue like the Conesus Country Club, no Mass (like we had for our 30th @ St. Mary's), and no exotic vacation, like a cruise or a foreign destination! I admit, my kids, as wonderful as they are, could/would not have pulled together any kind of celebration for us, even without a pandemic. Months before my parents' 40th, my sister & I arranged a Mass & reception for them in Buffalo, with my cousin, the priest, officiating & a renewal of vows. I admit, I wanted at least a little of that. Not my husband, Mark's "thing", but he would have gone along with it if he only had to show up 😐
However, at the last possible moment, I decided that we would try to have a "Zoom" celebration and I set to work feeling out our family & friends. I've been using Zoom for 2 mos. now: for my violin lessons, and hosting my Book Club and a Writers Group with Zoom. So, rather late on Friday evening, I thought, "Why not?" & managed to get out about 50 texts & emails asking if there would be interest in a Zoom celebration. With only "technical novice" exceptions, 100% replied (by texts & email) positively. I subsequently sent out 56 Zoom invitations on Saturday evening. So, Sunday, at noon we will see what happens!
Comments
Post a Comment